Electrical Design & Engineering
Electrical Design Services
We offer Primary Substation Design and Secondary Substation Design which includes the following engineering activities and deliverables at minimum design criteria:
- Transmission and distribution substation Design
- Transmission & Distribution Substation Concept to Detailed Design for AIS, GIS & Hybrid GIS
- Conceptualization of Green Field & Brown Field Systems.
- Feasibility of Transmission Line Vs Cables.
- Transient OV Analysis for Switching and Lightning Events.
- Preparation of Tender Documents for Primary & Secondary Substation Design.
- SLD, GA, Technical Datasheet for major Equipment’s for Substation Design.
- Key SLD, Protection SLD, Control System Design & SCADA Architecture Design.
- Switchyard Layouts, Lighting, Earthing & Lightning Layouts.
- All Electrical System Sizing Calculation and Equipment Sizing Calculation.
- Preparation of Technical datasheet and specification for Electrical Equipment.
- Review for All Electrical Design Documents & Drawings.
- Owner’s Engineers Review and Chair.
- Owner’s Engineers Project Management & Control.
- Compliance statement Preparation for Utilities (Western Power, AusNet Ser. & PowerCor).
- Power System Study and Analysis
- Insulation Coordination Studies.
- Power Transformer Energization Studies.
- Capacitor Charging Studies
- Very Fast Transient Overvoltage (VFTO) studies
- Transient Recovery voltage analysis.
- Fast Bus Transfer (FBT) Analysis.
- Load Flow Analysis.
- Reactive power compensation analysis.
- Short Circuit Analysis (IEC 60909).
- Protection Coordination Studies (IEEE 242).
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (IEEE 1584, NFPA 70E).
- Harmonic Analysis & Filter sizing (IEEE 519).
- Motor starting study.
- Transient Stability analysis.
- Load-generation shedding.
- Islanding Studies.
Our Engineers’ Success Stories
Implemented and designed new control schematics for 400kV Substation projects and created the templet for all regional projects for ABB. Impact: Reduced time to generate engineering documents by 50%, Control Cable lengths were optimized with SCADA soft logic control by 70%.
Power distribution network (with 48 substations and spread across 5sqkm land) for ISF Camp Qatar was re-designed to achieve 10% extra profitability & Overall Project execution was faster and accomplished 3 weeks prior to the deadline.
Engineering Optimization and Design innovation for PGCIL projects in India to support project management office with technical, commercial and coordination support. Impact: Project Resulted with record 18.9% Engineering profit or the PGCIL packages.
Rabigh –II Power Plant (600MW) Electrical System Studies and Transient stability studies (TSS & PSS, LF, SC, Generator Model) in Saudi Arabia.